- Standards inhibit responsiveness
to competitive needs and changing markets
- Don’t make rules if you can’t
- A new philosophy for standards:
- “self-enforcing standards”
& “standards by exception”
- The Future:
- In many organizations, the
only corporate IT standards
that remain may be those that ensure connectivity
among users and systems.
IT Management - Session 2
11 of 23
Taken from pages 20, 24-26 in "Managing Information
Technology in Turbulent Times" by Louis Fried (1995).
11 from the session on Chapter 2.