Leadership Faculty Meeting
Wednesday, November 06, 2002
1. Write the minutes (in a word processor or directly in the email program, formatted or in plain text).
you are the group’s WebCT Administrator, email the minute to LeadAll.
Otherwise, email them to your group’s WebCT Administrator who then emails them to LeadAll, – Or –
Email them to Carol and ask her to email them LeadAll.
1. If the email was addressed to Carol, not LeadAll, email it to LeadAll.
2. Open the email message.
3. Go to the Meetings Attended screen in the Access Leadership Tracking Database.
4. Determine which group sent the minutes (eg, is LeadSouth the Atlanta or the Chattanooga group?) and select it.
5. Scan the minutes to find the meeting date and enter it.
6. If the minutes say a faculty member attended, select the name from the drop down list.
7. Click the attendance button for each person listed as attending (sometimes you have to scan the minutes to infer who was present).
8. Click Save Minutes.
9. In the next screen, select the name of the recorder from the dropdown box.
10. Switch to the email message, block select the text of the message, and copy it to the clipboard (<Ctrl><C>).
11. Switch back to the Tracking Database.
12. If the message was in plain text, paste it (<Ctrl><V>) into the Text Only window, and click the Save Text button. Otherwise, click the Formatted tab and paste it there and click the Save Formatted button.
13. The minutes are published to the group’s minutes web page, and an email is sent to the group informing them of the fact.
The minutes can be written ahead of time in a word processor, or can be composed directly on the web.
1. Sign on to Leadership Restricted Services.
2. Click Post Minutes to the Web in the menu. (The program fills in the name of the Regional Group and the name of the Recorder automatically)
3. Enter the meeting date.
4. Click the Load Your Members button.
5. If a faculty member attended, select the name from the drop down list.
6. Click the radio button for each member who attended.
7. Click the Formatted Save or Plain Text Save button as appropriate.
8. Write the minutes (in a word processor or directly in the web program, formatted or inplain text), or copy and paste them (<Ctrl><C>, <Ctrl><V>) if written ahead of time.
9. Click the Post Minutes button.
10. The minutes are published to the group’s minutes web page, an email is sent to the group informing them of the fact, and an email is sent to LeadAll. If the recorder is not the WebCT Administrator, it is sent by the recorder on behalf of the WebCT Administrator.
For a competency to be fully signed off, “electronic signatures” need to be recorded by at least one member of the Regional Group, the Advisor or Program Team Chair, and the second reader or Program Team Member. So both participants and faculty will Sign on to Leadership Restricted Services.
Click the Record Competency Signoffs link on the menu, and choose a student.
There is an improvement since Roundtable. It is now possible to signoff more than one competency at a time, and even select all or unselect all for signoff.
There are instructions online, and a copy is attached to these notes.