Tuckman, Bruce W., Smith, Dennis R.  and Abry, Dennis.  (2001).
Learning and Motivation Strategies: Your Guide to Success. (EN-0177)
Prentice Hall PTR.  ISBN: 0130330639
Editorial reviews from amazon.com.
From the Back Cover
Written and designed to enhance students' independent learning, this
innovative hands-on text uses a consistent set of psychological principles
as the basis for teaching students how to learn and motivate themselves.
Students are encouraged to actively participate in self-surveys, quick
practices, applications, assignments, and self-assessments to improve
their skills. The book's unique content is organized around four major
strategies proven to increase achievement-oriented behavior:
- Strategy #1 Take reasonable risk: Go for your goals via manageable
- Strategy #2 Take responsibility for your outcomes: build a plan
and think positively.
- Strategy #3 Search the environment: Ask questions and visualize
- Strategy #4 Use feedback: Monitor your actions and give yourself
Learning and Motivation Strategies was developed and tested in the
classroom to promote ultimate life success. The activities in the book
are further complemented by a companion website (prenhall/tuckman).
Also, visit our Student Success Supersite at prenhall/success
- Majors Exploration
- Career Advice
- Web Links
- Tips from Successful Students
- Student Bulletin Boards
- Faculty Resources